Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom's Birthday!




Okay, I'm actually happy to say my kids did great for me on my birthday. The day was okay. I stressed out about cleaning the house. I didn't go anywhere. I was just homebound all day. Actually it was for 2 weeks. Our van broke down for the I don't know time. This was the longest it was in the shop. I was guessing because they didn't have to give us a rental and so they took their sweet time. I was okay not being able to go anywhere because I thought of money I was saving us and gas of course. Gas was especially on my mind. It is so scary how expensive it continues to get. We can save food but, we can't really save gas...like have a gas storage in our home. So, what will we do? Will we not travel anymore? I got a bike w/trailer for my birthday. I really wanted one after Kendra let me use hers a couple of times. It is fun. I haven't ridden(?) a bike since I was maybe a teen? So, it felt great. I thought I had forgotten how to do it. The bike helped not having a van. I also realized I could walk to the park with my baby boy. I used a lot of my own gas to get around the area here. Walking the kids to school in the morning. Walking or running the baby around town and then going back to pick up the kids. First for Sasha in Kindergarten and then for Mo and Maile. I sure was wiped out at the end of the day. Especially since I still had my gym time to do. No wonder I was hungier than normally.

Anyway, Saturday May 10th we got the van back. I actually kissed my van. I know it breaks down a lot but, I do love it. Friday, Darren and the boys went to Father/Son camp out. They went to Tehachapi. Darren didn't want to take the baby but, I forced him because there was no excuse not to take him. He's been potty trained since 22 months old so, he had no reason not to. I got alone time with the girls. We went to the mall to find shorts for me. I only have 2 pairs of pants that fit me and those are too hot to wear now. I didn't find anything I liked at the mall. I hate the mall actually. That place scares me. I did find what I needed at Kohls. I have clothes! The Despains were so generous to let me use their suburban while the van was still in the shop. I'm glad I don't have one of those everyday. Too much gas just to drive around town. No thanks!

Oh, its Mother's Day today. That is why I'm here on the computer and Darren has the kids in the living room doing whatever. They are trying to make this a good day for me but, everything is still the same around here. I had to make breakfast, lunch and clean up. Dinner is on Darren.

3 comments:

Lani said...

Happy Mothers Day! I'm glad you're van is back, but you had a fabulous attitude about life without it! We'll have to go out before we leave, maybe a double date is in order!

Liana T Mangisi said...

Lani I know you are having a going away party but, I haven't heard anything in details from Whoever is giving it to you. I want to come by and so the kids can say bye to your kids. Let me know.

Nau Willis said...

happy moms day lee..i miss you!