Thursday, May 1, 2008

Monday 4-28-08 Strantzee Keala Has Ear Surgery







So, we get up at 5 a.m. and get dressed so I can take Keala for his Ear Surgery at Millenium Surgery Center. Dr. Zerlin would be doing the surgery. Dr. said 30% of the right ear drum was gone. He was going to make an incision in his head behind his ear and take tissue out of there to form or graph an ear drum and then put a tube in also for drainage. Okay, everything went great. We waited an hour for him to get into surgery. Once it was his turn he was so cooperative. He did everything they asked of him. He even walked into the operating room all by himself. The nurse was amazed. So, I waited for an hour. Then the doctor informed me how it all went. He told me everything is good. His ear was more damaged than what he thought. He said once he was inside the ear he saw that the ear drum was pretty much completely gone. Like 80% gone. I was then called back to see him once he woke up. He looked so out of it. I hate to see him like that. He was crying his eyes out and saying his ear hurt. I just held him tight. I called Darren to come and help me with him seeing that he was in so much pain. They gave him demerol and vicadine for pain. He slept a couple of hours after at home and then woke up ready to eat, eat, eat. I'm glad that is all over with. I hope this ear surgery works for him. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood that baby was able to have a blessing before getting his surgery.

2 comments:

Nau Willis said...

poor thing! glad to hear the surgery went well!!!

Lani said...

Did 3 of your 4 need to get tubes put in? Poor little guy!